- Following your tattoo, an application of ointment and Saran wrap will be applied. This helps to seal the tattoo from any cross contamination and airborne bacteria. Remove Saran wrap after a minimum of 2 hour, then wash (not scrub) your tattoo. Wash hands first, then tattoo, with hot, soapy water (preferably glycerin or antibacterial soap with no fragrance), rinse and pat dry with a fuzz free towel or air-dry.
* Avoid long baths or showers for the first 2 weeks. DO NOT PICK OR SCRUB YOUR TATTOO EVER!
- Apply a thin layer of ProTat, once or twice daily to maintain colors, prevent scabbing and promote healing. If neither of these are available, you may use Vaseline Intensive Care.
DO NOT USE – Neosporin, Polysporin, Vaseline, Bactracin, Bactroban, Rubbing Alcohol, Iodine, Bactine or Hydrogen Peroxide – These products may impair healing and cause color loss.
- If you experience a second flaking, applying additional Pro Tat will help to keep it moist.
- Healing skin is often itchy. Gently pat or slap the tattoo will help dissipate the itch. Occasionally a scab will form. Do not pick or scratch tattoo as that will create a secondary scab which may cause color loss. New tattoo’s normally heal in 1 to 3 weeks but can take up to 2 months to heal depending on the site, aftercare, skin type etc.
- Avoid exposing your new tattoo to direct sunlight or tanning beds. Your new tattoo can burn in as little as 5 minutes which can result in excessive scabbing, prolonged healing time and besides it hurts. After your tattoo is fully healed, we recommend using Color Guard to maintain optimal conditioning when in the sun or using a sun bed. This product is SPF 30, with special UVA/UVB inhibitors to help protect tattoos from fading. Other ingredients help moisturize the tattoo thus enhancing color. The large stick allows precision application, helping protect the tattoo while allowing for regular tanning of other skin areas.
- CAUTION: No Sun or chlorinated water (long baths, swimming) on your new tattoo until it is healed. Peeling skin is normal. Don’t pick or scratch. No harsh cleansers or creams. Always use sun block on your tattoo. Direct sunlight will eventually fade your tattoo. If you are not sure how your tattoo is healing feel free to call or stop by any time. These aftercare instructions will help you to maintain a crisp, bright tattoo.
- Sometimes even a well cared for tattoo needs touch ups. Touch ups apply to an area that has not healed well, needs more color or has minor imperfections. This will be provided free of charge ( at the discretion of the artist) as long as you have followed all the aftercare instructions and return to see your tattooist within the first 8 weeks after your tattoo appointment.
If you have any further questions feel free to call (604) 584-639, or email Loger@WestcoastPiercing.com